Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Favorite Sushi Recipe: My Easy California Roll

Here’s a sushi recipe that I am quite fond of and that is a staple when I make sushi at home. It’s a good beginner’s sushi roll, and is really flavorful. I originally found this sushi recipe at CDKitchen.com. That's the great thing about the internet - a great sushi recipe is always just a click away!

My Easy California Roll - A Favorite Sushi Recipe

Ingredients:
1 Sheet Japanese Nori
1 cup Sticky Japanese Sushi Rice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 an Avocado
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 sticks imitation crab sticks
1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
Wasabi Paste

Directions:
1. Mix the vinegar and sugar together until sugar is dissolved.
2. Pour the vinegar mix over sticky rice and mix gently.
3. Next, spread (about 1/4 inch thick) the rice thinly and evenly onto the nori sheet.
4. Shred the crab sticks and mix it with the mayonnaise, and cut the avocado into thin slices.
5. Place pieces of crab sticks and avocado slices onto the rice and roll carefully. A good bamboo sheet is a must have for rolling.
6. Dip sushi into soy sauce mixed with wasabi for taste.

This sushi recipe for My Easy California Roll Sushi serves/makes 2.

This is a great starter roll/sushi recipe. I hope you enjoy it as it is one of my favorite sushi recipes and I make it every time I host a sushi night.

Patrick

No comments: